99percent.ca is directly involved with the Toronto and Regina events, the rest have no direct affiliation, but we are cross promoting.
Young and Dundas, April 4th at 1 pm
Victoria Park, April 4th and 5th at Noon.
Friday April 4th: https://www.facebook.com/
Saturday April 5th: https://www.facebook.com/
Contact for time, April 4th, Place du peuple ; Square
Join us on Facebook for updates, event announcements, and more information.
We Are A Movement Of Movements
The Worldwide #WaveOfAction begins April 4th and runs through July 4th. During this three-month cycle, people throughout the world will be protesting corruption, rallying around solutions and taking part in alternative systems. The new paradigm will be on full display. Studies have proven that it only takes 3.5% of the population taking nonviolent action to create meaningful and positive change. The #WaveOfAction gives all of us who want change a powerful opportunity to #EvolveSociety. Change-makers all over the world will be engaged at the same time in an unprecedented wave of transformation.
On April 4th, there will be launch celebrations at hundreds of former Occupy locations globally. We will honor Dr. Martin Luther King’s legacy of nonviolent action and spend the day connecting with allies and strategizing Spring action campaigns. This crowdsourced campaign will become what you, the people, make of it, self-organizing and organically evolving, a new culture will emerge. What are you most passionate about? What are you doing to be the change? Whatever it is, passionately be it in public this Spring. Get together with like-minded friends and have fun with it. We have power in numbers. United we are unstoppable. OUR TIME HAS COME!!
Please use these hashtags ~ #WaveOfAction #GlobalSpring #ReOccupy #BeTheChange
Here is a partial list of April 4th #WaveOfAction Facebook event listings. The Worldwide Wave is incredibly decentralized, hard to keep track of everything happening. Please send info for events we have missed to Admin@WaveOfAction.org.
An out of towner shot this during the occupation; just found this yesterday…
Nonviolent Action Guideline from Occupy Regina:
For the purposes of building trust, a common foundation for safety, setting the tone for our action, participants of “Occupy Regina,” agree to the following:
1. All activities will be strictly nonviolent in action and tone. Our attitude will be one of openness and respect toward all people we encounter.
2. All participants of “Occupy Regina,” acknowledge and respect the participation of children and will work to provide a safe space for all participants.
3. At “Occupy Regina,” we ask that participants act according to the love and caring that we are building with each other. Individual or group actions that endanger the physical well-being of other demonstrators will not be tolerated. Generally, actions that might endanger the safety of others at the demonstration include:
a) physical violence directed against others, including the police, spectators and other “Occupy Regina” members
b) actions that cause panic such as running and throwing rocks
c) bringing weapons or anything that can be construed as a weapon to the demonstration site; weapons include but are not limited to: guns, knives, nail files, mace, letter openers, scissors, etc.
4. Participants should watch out for each others health and safety within reason. It is asked that people with first aid training identify themselves to organizers prior to or early on in the event, and that they bring their own supplies if possible.
5. Participants will not bring or use any alcohol or controlled substances. Any legal drugs brought or used will be for specific medicinal purposes only.
6. All participants freely accept the legal consequences of their actions. Understanding by participating at “Occupy Regina,” that there is a risk of arrest.
7. “Occupy Regina” acknowledges that while property destruction may be a useful tactic as practiced by other movements, it is not our intent to damage or make changes to the space.